Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Columbia Gorge Hotel

One of the benefits of Gary's job is that Evan and I get to travel with him.  In November, he had meetings at the Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River, OR.  While Gary sat through meetings, Evan and I explored the area.  It was really great to just have a couple days of one on one time with Evan.  
Columbia Gorge Hotel
We got a 2 bedroom suite, so Evan had his very own room and huge bed.  He thought it was pretty cool.
View of the Columbia River from our window.
Waterfall right outside the hotel. 
The grounds of the hotel were really nice and there were lots of walking paths and fun things to look at.  I love this picture of Evan's shadow.
Gary always has to get up really early for the company breakfasts...and I NEVER get up that early to go.  One of the days we were there, I took Evan to breakfast in the nice dining room of the hotel.  We were the only ones there that morning and we had a great seat overlooking the river.  I got to experiment with taking some pictures in natural light with the new camera. 
Patiently waiting for his waffles to arrive.
Spotting the waiter with the food!
We drove around a bit until we found a pretty good spot to take a picture of Mt. Hood.  I wish it would have been a clearer day, but at least we kind of got to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment