Sunday, February 8, 2009

Toddler Bed

Last weekend we changed Evan's crib to a toddler bed. This 15 minute project took well over an hour because the holes that should have been pre-drilled, were mysteriously missing. Luckily, Gary was able to drill new holes and we were finally done. We put Evan in the bed and he seemed to like it just fine. Later that day he fell out a few times after repeated warnings about the lack of a rail, but I guess some things you just have to learn the hard way. The first 4 days were a dream, Evan crawled into his own bed, saving my back and then would stay there until we told him he could get out. He still stays in his bed about half the time when he wakes up until we go in, but I'm sure that will lessen as time goes on.

Friday was the day he figured out he could get up after being laid down. This was the same day he was in there singing Happy Birthday at the top of his lungs. He had been making all kinds of racket for well over an hour, then it got really quiet. Before long I heard his door creak open and then shut really fast. Then I hear the light flip on and on. Next I hear dresser drawers opening and closing and the humidifier going on an off. I went in and put him back in bed a few times until he finally fell asleep. Well, by this time, it was about 4:30. He usually takes quite a long nap but it starts around 2:00 rather than 4:30, so around 5:30 we decided we better just wake him up. Evan does not like to be woken up. He puts up quite a fuss, but I figured it was only fair to us for him to have to wake up whether he liked it or not so he wouldn't be up until midnight. I've posted pictures of this whole thing. I know it's probably not very nice to take pictures when your child is so unhappy, but I just though you'd all like to see the "other" side of our sweet boy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment