Thursday, September 3, 2009

4 Wheeler and Motorcycle

On Saturday we had a end of the season/back to school BBQ at Mom and Dad's house. Kylie is heading off to college this weekend and all the rest of the kids are starting school next week. Between all the nieces and nephews up here, there will be someone in almost every grade. Pretty crazy.

After we chowed down for awhile, I asked Dad is I could give Evan a ride on his new 4 wheeler. I wasn't sure if Evan would like it or not, but wanted to give it a try. We got on and got moving at a snails pace and Evan liked it just fine. We went around the loop a couple times, getting faster as we went. Evan loved it and didn't want to stop of course, but there were lots of people who wanted a turn, including me, who wanted to ride by myself once. Jeff asked Evan if he wanted a ride on his big motorcycle. Evan was all for that and got on Jeff's bike with him. They followed me around the loop. Evan liked riding the motorcycle even more than the 4 wheeler.

For the next little while everyone had a turn on the 4 wheeler. Evan kept asking for a ride on Jeff's big bike. Jeff was giving rides to the other kids too, so it took a while, but Evan never stopped asking. He finally got one more ride right before we left. It was so fun seeing the huge smile on his face. I wish we had pictures. As we were leaving I asked Evan if he liked riding that bike with Uncle Jeff. Evan's response...can I have a bike? :) I guess we've moved on from asking for a dog!

1 comment:

  1. 4 wheelers and motorcycles. It sound like your family had a lot of fun together. Did Gary show you the picture of Evan on the little tractor. He loved it. I couldn't help but grab my camera and take a picture. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete