Saturday, September 5, 2009

Vacuuming

It was our turn to help clean the church today. I cleaned all the bathrooms, fun for me. It was WAY more fun last time because Julie and I yacked the whole time while we worked. While I was doing that, Gary was vacuuming the halls and classrooms with the big vacuum. He got the regular sized vacuum out for Evan to use because he wanted to help too. Gary didn't turn Evan's vacuum on, but Evan pushed that thing up and down the halls and it kept him entertained for 1 1/2 hours while we cleaned. It was pretty cute and he thought he was so big being able to help like that. It was good for him to learn that we all do our part to keep the church building nice. Maybe Evan won't be scared of the vacuum at home now.

Which brings me to another vacuum story... :) Lately Evan has been scared of the vacuum, who knows why. On the movie Finding Nemo, there is a part where Nemo is getting dared to go touch the boat. He doesn't want to and the other little fish tell him he's too scared, which of course makes him want to prove that he isn't. All the fish make a big deal out of the fact that he touched the boat. Well, the other day, Evan opens up the closet where we keep the vacuum, reached in and touched it. Then he came over to me and said, I touched the vacuum. :) I think he was proving he wasn't scared. What a cute boy.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the stories! He didn't like when I vacuumed the other day. I don't usually do it when he is at my house, but we made a big mess! He quickly made it know that he did not like it! So I hurried!
    Rachel doesn't like the vacuum anymore either!

    We cleaned the church the week before last. I just love making the church clean. The kids like it too. It will be fun when Evan is old enough to vacuum on his own. He will be so proud of himself and so will you!

    ReplyDelete