Thursday, September 3, 2009

Come On, It'll Be Fun

We have been having troubles getting Evan to stay in his bed at nap time and bed time. The other day I decided to try the stay in bed technique from the Super Nanny. Yes, I'm sure this has been used for centuries, but I learned it from her. :) The idea is that Evan is in bed and I'm in there, but not responding to him at all. So I was sitting in Evan's room with my head down and happened to have my arms folded too. Evan was chatting away and rolling around in his bed. Then I hear him say, time for prayers, time for prayers...I can only assume because my arms were folded. This almost made me laugh, but I kept my composure and just kept sitting there. Then I hear Evan say, Heavenly Father...thanks for this day... and a few other things. It was SO hard not to do anything, but I knew if I said anything we'd have to start all over. After all, it's okay for him to say his own prayers.

He was quiet for a minute after that. During this time, Gary was out in the living room and Evan knew it. Before long Evan yells, Gary, Gary, come in my room, come on, it'll be fun. I had to bite my lip and cheek to keep from laughing. Oh, what a clever little boy we have. The end of the story is that Evan eventually fell asleep and has been doing better since then, thank goodness. Now we just need to conquer potty training...but that is a whole other post.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! He is a fun boy. You are a good mom to be so patient as he learns about bedtime. Way to not give up!

    ReplyDelete